Monday, January 23, 2012

Best Picture Predictions

A simple prediction of the Oscar nominees, of which I'll be attending the announcements tomorrow morning at 5:30am. Yowzer.

The Artist
The Descendants
The Help
Hugo
Midnight in Paris
Moneyball
The Tree of Life

The last of which is probably very hopeful thinking on my part, but I do think it still has the power. C'mon, Academy, do the right thing! It certainly deserves a nomination, if nothing else.

That makes seven.

The ones I left off: The Ides of March and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, the latter of which scored a directors guild nominee, an extremely good sign of a Best Picture nom. But I just think the Academy's too old for that movie. The Ides of March I just don't think is that strong.

If I'm right, or close to right, this post will stand as a bastion of my supreme intelligence. If not, it will be summarily deleted.

No comments: